Fracking bills are speeding through the legislature and are harmful to your water and your health. The bills, backed by the oil and gas industry, not only enable the dangerous drilling practice in places like the Everglades, but they would force local communities to accept it.
Research in other states shows that fracking has caused water contamination and air pollution, massive amounts of fresh water usage, and led to declining property values.
Ignoring overwhelming public opposition, HB191 by Rep. Rodrigues passed the full House of Representatives last week 73-45.
There is still time to stop this bill from becoming law by defeating its Senate companion SB 318.
The places, times, and point persons responsible for the rallies are below:
- Miami, FL: 3050 Biscayne Blvd (Outside Senator Margolis’s Office), SAT andrea@rethinkenergyflorida.
org. Event facebook here.
. Point Person-Andrea Cuccaro at
- Orlando, FL: Constitution Green, SAT firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tallahassee, FL: Cascades Park, SAT email@example.com
. Event facebook here.
. Point Person- Fran Sullivan-Fah and Others at
- Gainesville, FL: 530 West University Avenue (Outside Senator Bradley’s Office), SAT firstname.lastname@example.org . Point Person- Merrillee Malwitz-Jipson at
- Tampa/St. Petersburg: Clayton Lake, on the corner of Vonderburg Drive and S Parsons Avenue in Brandon,MON . Point Person- Michelle Allen at email@example.com.