We need standing witnesses to help protect the Farmton tract in Brevard and Volusia counties!
Sierra Club has filed a lawsuit to object to the Army Corps of Engineers’ lack of protection of this land from development. Go here for more details from a Daytona Beach News-Journal article.
We are compiling a list of Sierra members who have recreated in this area to support our legal standing in the litigation.
Interested? Send your name, email address, street address and phone number to JaneStan@bellsouth.net or LBlackner@aol.com
If you have engaged in outdoor activities in any of the following places you would be a great standing witness:
- St. Johns River near Lake Harney
- Lake Harney
- Buck Lake
- Wiregrass Prairie Preserve
- Deep Creek Preserve
- Turnbull Hammock Conservation area
- Buck Lake Conservation area
- Doris Leeper Spruce Creek Preserve
- Seminole Ranch Conservation area
- Scottsmoor Flatwoods Sanctuary
- Little Big Econ State Forest
- Salt Lake Wildlife management area
- Lake Ashby